Post-Gall Bladder Surgery, Digestive Enzymes Do a Body Good


As a follow up to my last post about a man and his pizza, I want to introduce the new found love I have: digestive enzymes



These enzymes may allow S. to eat pizza at 9pm without consequences, but they allow me to get through a normal day.

p.s. I'm not any kind of paid promoter, advertiser, marketer. I just know this stuff works for me.

I unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on who you talk to) went through emergency gall bladder surgery last year. 

This means, Amy can't eat fat (good or bad) without feeling reaaaally uncomfortable. Some people say I'm lucky. Others ask if it was an elective surgery. ha. right!

Quick rundown to 'splain it to ya:
Removal of the gallbladder, usually because of gallstones, is among the most common surgical procedures in the United States: More than 500,000 such procedures are performed annually.

Those numbers might make a person believe you could get by quite nicely without a gallbladder, but the organ does in fact serve an important purpose in digestion. It stores and releases bile, a substance that helps the body process fat.


When the gallbladder is removed, bile still flows from the liver (where it originates) into the small intestine. However, the release is more haphazard and can result in discomfort after a meal—particularly one that is high in fat.


Smaller meals spaced throughout the day help. A diet of mostly fruits and veggies also helps.

Entering into Amy's life (cue angelic chorus):  Core Health's Digestive Enzymes. Most of the professional athletes S. works with on a daily basis use them. And obviously, you don't need to be an athlete to use/need them. Example: me.

I wouldn't say I was skeptical at first, but any pill that promises to be a 'fix-all' makes me wary. So, on second thought, I was definitely skeptical.

The major symptoms I deal with after eating a meal (no matter how small or healthy) are discomfort, bloating and just an overwhelming feeling of being SO full. It's not a good feeling for someone who loves food!

I wish I knew more about the science behind the enzymes.... but basically it's a pill of natural enzymes, probiotics (digestive and immune system), and prebiotics (health of your intestines). Together, they promote full utilization of the nutrients in the foods you eat. 

They help you get the most out of every meal by assuring nutrients from the food you eat are absorbed by the body. Example: The fats are used as energy, not stored away on your boo-tay, thank you very much!


If you want to see a weird, cool video that demonstrates what the enzymes do inside your body, take a look at this. Fast forward to 3:33 to see him start the experiment and explain what digestive enzymes mean for your body. it involves pudding, and any experiment involving chocolate pudding is cool in my book. (If you're really impatient, you can always fast forward to 
7:00 to see the conclusion of the experiment.)
mucho cool.


I value health. I spend a lot of my life trying to figure out ways to be as healthful as possible. I'm not saying this pill is magic. It does not cure all that ails you. But it does make your digestive system more healthy, which for someone without a gall bladder (well, anyone, actually)... this is pretty darn important.

It's a scary thing when your body rebels. I'm working through new solutions, new diets, new ways of living. Digestive enzymes are just a new step, a new discovery. 

I'm not saying I'll be at the corner McDonalds for some fries and a burger. Although...Vietnamese spring rolls with some peanut dipping sauce? Oh lawwwd have mercy. 

I'll take 2. and an enzyme pill.

Comments

S said…
This is awesome. You did a great job of educating us on this. The product is effective and the owner of the company is passionate about it. He is highly educated and a trusted resource in this area.
Thanks for Sharing.

Popular Posts