The Best Part of Living in Arizona



Is undoubtedly the citrus season. If you've never smelled orange blossoms, it is literally a perfume that permeates the air for miles around any orange grove. The scent can best be described as sweet, flowery, soft, and even tropical. It makes every Arizona evening one to enjoy outside.

The other thing about citrus, is the (mature) trees produce more fruit than any individual could ever eat in their life! So friends and family are constantly pleading for fruit lovers to come take fruit before it plops to the ground and rots. I am a thankful taker! 

My lovely friend Nicki did my hair tonight, and right before I left, she handed me a plastic bag (after I nixed taking the giant painter's bucket home) and told me to pick as much citrus as I could. Walking to the back yard, I didn't know which of the 6 or 7 trees to choose from. There was so much fruit! I loaded up one full bag of grapefruit, blood oranges, and regular oranges. I skipped the lemon tree all together...No space!

Happy, juice filled chica over here! :)  

Comments

Val said…
I love citrus season. Just bought tangerines and a farmers market. YUM

Popular Posts