Did You Know I Have a Haitian Baby?

My dear friend, and 10,000 Women graduate, Linda, of Port-au-Prince, was 8 months pregnant when she came to Thunderbird. 

Did I know she, as well as one other woman, were 8 months pregnant? No. 

These women have incredible businesses, families, and dedications to helping their communities grow. 

We did have to spend an unexpected evening in the hospital, maternity triage unit. All was well..... but those Braxton Hicks contractions can be scary (so I hear!).

Both Linda and Yverose gave birth a few months after returning to Haiti.

Linda asked me and Steve to name her baby boy, but also to be his god parents. We were paralyzed.... How can we name her baby? I can't do this!!!   I gave her options.... Heaven forbid I suggest horrid names that she hates.

Linda ended up using an Italian first name (in honor of my family) and Steve's middle name. Marco Francis Jeune. Welcome to this world!

Here are a few photos of his blessing.  I wish I could have been there. I love you Marco!
Marco Francis Jeune

Baptism of Marco




We're working on the smiling bit 







Sleepy boy!

Comments

Congratulations to you and Steve and of course to Linda and her family. What gorgeous family photos! Have you got plans to visit them soon?
Mrs. Pancakes said…
That's so sweet! What a blessing indeed!
Nicole said…
Wow so cool!!! He's adorable!!!

Popular Posts