Gerard Mulot

March 22, 2007

Today I ventured out to the Butte aux Cailles area of the 13 arrond. Beautiful church and architecture. Amazing lighting from an evening sun setting. Stumbled upon the famous Gerard Mulot chocolate shop. Bought mom some dark chocolate with nuts - her favorite. I chose this more so because dad doesn't like dark chocolate, so he can't steal any from her :). 13 euros for a box of about 20 chocolates. Not bad! I took alot of pictures today. It is nice staying here in the non-touristy area (yes there is such a thing!). Our regular hotel was booked, and we were unable to make advance reservations since I had 8 hours to pack and get to the airplane yesterday for the flight.... Chaos.


I am learning my way around finally, and have been able to keep up conversationally with a few French people I've met.


I need to start packing up my exploded suitcase... I seem to have clothes all over my room. We are supposedly heading to London and then Milan tomorrow night. No formal word...I'll be ready...

Comments

Unknown said…
Love the vivid colors in these photos! And dark nutty chocolate is always appreciated!!!!
Dawny said…
Your pictures are unbelievable Amy. Wow :-)

Popular Posts