Women in the Home

I love my job. BUT, I kinda sorta have this problem where I base a large part of my identity on my career.

When I left aviation, I admit I had a mini quarter life crisis.

Now I'm on the brink of another life change... Not that I'm announcing anything here. 

I'm just thinking about my future as a wife and a mother. 

I firmly believe, without a shadow of a doubt, that women have been placed here on this earth to be mothers, grounding and forming their family in strong bonds of love and unity. Cheesy, maybe. But I believe this.

My own mother put her career on hold while we were young, eventually going back to teaching once we were older.


I am eternally grateful for the sacrifice my sweet mother made for my sister and me. Is everyone able to do this? Maybe not. But I surely pray and hope that I'm able to be a stay and home mom when the Lord blesses me with a family of my own. 

I am so grateful for leaders in my life who continue to prove this quote.




Comments

Sheryl Towers said…
AMEN! I love your thinking, it always gives me a 'lift'. If your mom is still with you, give her an extra hug from me. ox
Sara said…
I think I need to post that quote somewhere in my home. I love being able to be a stay at home mom. It's something I wanted to be and Chad has supported me in my "job". However, it is so easy for me to think, This is it? or to feel undervalued. Thanks for the reminder that I am helping to make a better world... one child at a time.

And I am excited to see where life will continue to take you! You will be a fantastic mother with so many wonderful things to teach your children.
Nicole said…
Thanks, gal. I love this. Sometimes people think of this as a derogatory idea. But I have recently gained a strong testimony that the most important thing I could ever do is to raise children in the gospel. It's going to be hard. It's going to be amazing. I'm going to cry. and I never do! (hormones?!) love you. so much. thanks so much for sharing this.
Melanie said…
I love this Amy! Its interesting to think about the things in our life that define us. Sometimes I feel like I've been a SAHM forever and I think about what else I /am missing out on. Then I have to remind myself that this is where its at! I feel so blessed. You do have such a wonderful mother!
Unknown said…
Wow, what a great quote. I invested 28 years in my children and my family, then had to start all over again and try to find meaning in my life.
Thank you for treasuring your Mom.

Cousin Ginny
L McD said…
Love that quote, Amy. Thanks for posting. You have such a keen mind and I love the way to think! Love you.xxxx
Angela said…
Sounds like that relationship is heating up!

Women are ideally suited to make the home a loving, warm place for the family. At the same time, women are invaluable in the workplace. Can you imagine a workplace without them??? As you said, we can examine each season of our lives anew and (if given the choice) choose the best place to use our talents for that season.
Anonymous said…
Tudo Bem? bonita esta página está bem organizado.........Boa pinta :/
Adorei faz mais posts deste modo !!
Miss Amy said…
Angela, I LOVE how you worded that. Thank you for your wise and thoughtful comment. "we can examine each season of our lives anew and (if given the choice) choose the best place to use our talents for that season."

Popular Posts