New York Apple Orchards and Raspberries Patches


There is a reason New York is called The Big Apple, or The Empire State. We do apples right!

I wish photos could convey smell. 

I was surrounded with the overpowering aroma of sweet apples as I stepped in the door of Schutts Apple Mill. Crates, baskets, bins, bushels and bags were overflowing with every variety you could imagine. Yellows, reds, greens, pinks. 

Vibrant, delicious colors.

We browsed the handmade tea towels, cookie mixes, and aprons. We were greeted by a large, toothy yawn from the store's mascot bunny, Webster.




I said, "I wish we could pick fruit." 

Ask and ye shall receive. We headed across the street with empty berry pints in our hands. Raspberry season is almost over, but we were told many berries were still left on the bushes.


I love the one window pane hanging on for dear life. Untouched by the decay surrounding it. I feel like I have many friends who represent the human form of this.


Obligatory  tootsie picture.


Baby apples look much sweeter than they are. Much like the baby on the flight home last night. An adorable creature with large, untiring lungs.


I felt like I was lost in the Secret Garden book with better food.

Upon closer inspection.....

SO sorry to disturb!


the most beautiful migrant worker you've ever seen

One for the basket, 35 for me. One for the basket, 28 for me.



Sunkissed

our spoils


Run mama!!

The famous Apple Frost! Vanilla shake mix and apples. Heaven in a dixie cup.
Balanced breakfast. Buckwheat pancakes, raspberries and donuts.

Comments

Taylor Morgan said…
yum yum yum yum yum!! looks like so much fun!!
M. said…
YUMMMM! I do miss all of this...
Nicole said…
oh man, this looks so delicious and cute and fun! I want to visit there.

Popular Posts