Christmas Tagging

I got tagged!! Fa la la la la, lala la laaaaaaaa. Ok, that's the extent of my singing from this point forward. I promise.

Christmas Questionnaire Time!!!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate. Preferably from Angelina's in Paris. Since I can't be there.... I'll go for some melted chocolate, fat free half and half and a few pieces of melted MINT chocolate swirled in! Yummm. I think I just drooled. Seriously.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa does not have time for such small tasks. He has people for that. I hope he pays more than minimum wage though. Living in the North Pole most definitely should have hazard pay....Think about it, polar bears, ice crevasses, blinding snow storms, and of course, the Abominable Snowman.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Either... I just don't like blue. And of course, I came home last night to blue lights draped nicely over my front yard bushes. Katie tried..... But those are definitely being returned to the store.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
I have in the past, but I totally need to take advantage of that again this year! I'm not above a little mistletoe help!

5. When do you put up your decorations?
I try to get them up within the week after Thanksgiving....However, this year, I haven't got the outside lights up yet. I don't have a ladder...So, any of you good looking, capable men out there... Call me.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Pretty much anything. That's the problem.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
We have a fun family tradition with Katie sleeping in my bed on Christmas Eve. Well, it's fun for Katie.... Sleeping with Katie seems to always involve my face being kicked, my side elbowed, or my eye almost taken out. She's a mover and groover. In the early morning Christmas hours, we wake up our parents abruptly and semi-violently, by jumping on them until they beg for mercy, give up and get out of bed. My dad sleepily stumbles downstairs, takes pictures of the tree pre-wrapping paper covered floors, turns on Teja Bell Christmas music, and then yells for all the girls to come downstairs.... Just the sound of that CD is a great memory....

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I really don't remember. I think the mean-spirited, Santa non-believing school children probably broke the bad news.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, we always have opened our Grandma BJ's gift on Christmas Eve. I don't know how that started.....

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
It was almost like our entire history of Christmas ornaments, elementary school holiday projects and chintzy tinsel ended up as the theme of our tree for many years.... This was promptly changed, as we un-sentimental, change loving, forward thinking children got a little older. So long, handprints from pre-school, see ya later, crayon colored doilies, yarn balls and tinsel.

Funny thing is.... Now, I kinda miss those ornaments....

11. What is another favorite Christmas tradition memory?
The food!! We always had a nice big breakfast, played with our toys, then a seafood dinner.... Linguine and clams, shrimp scampi etc.... Mmm... I may have just drooled for the second time in 10 minutes.

12. Can you ice skate?
I really don't think I've skated since I was maybe 10. I have no idea if I can skate!! I'll guess, NO! It sounds like fun though.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I don't think I have a favorite gift. I just love gifts that are personal. It's not about the monetary value of the gift...But something they think I'll enjoy and use.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Family. And maybe.....Italian cookies.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Aunt Paula's cookies!!!!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Just making the holiday meals with all of the family. Our family always seems to end up in the kitchen together, cooking, eating, laughing.... I really miss that! It will be amazing to carry on this tradition and lifestyle with my family.

17. What tops your tree?
We had a fancy schmancy angel that lit up...But it was hard to keep on top... So I think we always seem to fall back on the fail safe sparkly snowflake that attaches to a branch.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I really love the challenge of finding gifts I know my family and friends will really enjoy. I love giving gifts any time of the year. I also love receiving gifts, don't get me wrong, I just get so much enjoyment when I stumble across something in a store I know will make someone I love happy :)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Teja Bell.... Or anything performed by Trans Siberian Orchestra. They're amazing!!!

20. Candy Canes?
Eh... They're ok.

21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized?
I wish many things in life had a little more Jesus in them.... Christmas included.

I am tagging Brooke, Laina, Emily L., Melinda!!

Comments

erin said…
Uhhhhhhhhh your hot chocolate sounds amazing, lets plan on hanging out and drinking this mixture that you speak of.
ditto on the hot chocolate!!! I was JUST there Amy... how did you not bring this delicious-ness up!?!?!
And question, what's Taja Bell??? Sounds interesting... hmmm.
Love staying up late talking to you ladies! Fabulous!
M. said…
10)Linguini with clams? haaa. that has a very different memory for me, always will!

11)umm, check in your basement, i bet your mom still has the ornaments somewhere!

20)amen, not worth the calories!
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
The Christmas morning music is by TEJA BELL on a CD called The New Spirit of Christmas, produced in 1988 on Music West Records by World Arts Productions.

Yes, Melinda, I have just brought those ornaments up the basement steps!!! I love the memories they invoke, but they were banned a few years ago by my daughters who wanted a DECORATOR tree...Now that the girls are not here, I can hang them again! (BTW, linguini/clams was the dish Chet cooked me on our first date!!!)

Popular Posts