Baba Ganoush to Baklava

Baba Ganoush? Baklava? What are these jibbery jabberish words? Check out the lower left corner of the plate. This yummy mixture is Baba Ganoush. Or.... a popular Middle Eastern dish made of tahini and mashed grilled eggplant. Olive oil, tomatoes, diced onions and other veggies are normally mixed in as well. It is excellent with pita bread! I always loved saying that word. It just flies off the tongue. Baba Ganouuuush! Say it out loud with Sorceror like authority. It sounds like you should be casting an ancient spell on someone while waving your twirly wand all around. (My wand would have sparklers on the end. Just for dramatic flair, of course)

This plate looked this pretty for about 1.2 seconds. The pita, fork and spoon dive bombing quickly ensued.

And, of course, baklava. Flaky, sweet, syrupy, nutty, rich, chewy and crunchy at the same time.

Ali Baba's is a wonderful Turkish restaurant in Midtown Manhattan. Paul and I rode our flying carpets to get here. Tons of parking.

Whether it's Italian or Middle Eastern. There is something about olive oil dipped bread. If I was stranded on a deserted island, I'd bring my Mommy (so I could cry on her shoulder), and bread, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar to dip it in. Then, I might not have to cry as much.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'd love to spend time on an island with you...

Popular Posts