Little Mermaid, Baby Bottles and Clogged Pipes

Who knew that the garbage disposal had the possibility of draining behind the washing machine?

Yes, we had smelly, chunky garbage disposal water pouring out behind our washing machine in the laundry room. Katie was on her way out the door for a fun filled weekend about 1 1/2 hours North of here. I was about to jump in the shower and meet up with friends for dinner and a movie.

Until it sounded like we had a tub running in the laundry room.

We called the plumber, begged and pleaded for him to come quickly, and started cleaning up the hideous and disgusting mess. I really don't think I've smelled something so rancid in my life. I don't get grossed out easily, but horrible smells in my home make me gag.

Katie left for her fun weekend, and I had to cancel my fun night. I waited for the plumber for an hour, and he showed up with 3 kids in tow. I felt horrible!! My next 2 hours were spent with a 10 year old, 3 year old and a 6 month old. We colored, watched Little Mermaid, read Arthur books and played in the kitchen. Then I gave the 6 month old his bottle, burped him, and got puked on. Fantastic. More smells.

Dad the plumber brought out the big roto-rooting guns and won the clogged drain battle. It is fixed, and we are flood free.

What a night.... I deserve a cookie.

Comments

Unknown said…
Did you get a discount for superior babysitting?!!!!! You deserve a really, really good cookie!!!

Popular Posts