I'll Take the Infiniti and the Louis Vuitton. Together.

I am driving West to the beaches tomorrow! I am visiting my very best friend for a few days to relax, recuperate and recharge. All evening I have slaved away over my washing machine and dryer, making sure all my clothes were clean so I'd have the full wardrobe at my disposal when choosing what to pack. I'm going for 2 days, mind you. Somehow, when it comes to packing for work trips, I can have my suitcase packed for a 2 week trip around the world in under an hour. When I vacation (which is hardly ever...maybe I'm just out of practice?), I turn into a bumbling indecisive packing fool. I second guess every wardrobe selection I make, stuff far too many shoes in every color into my bulging suitcase, forget my jacket or socks, and end up freezing. Every time.

As I sit here typing, I am staring at a pile of clean laundry that rivals me in height. Each cute top is begging to be included in my Memorial Day plans. I need to be stern this time. No more than 4 outfits and 2 pairs of shoes. I mean it! (anybody want a peanut? major kudos to anyone who can name what movie that's from! one of my all time favorites!)

Thankfully I do not own this car. Well, I suppose nobody owns this car just yet, as it is a prototype.

It was released March 3, 2009 at the International Geneva Car Show. Infiniti has teamed up with Louis Vuitton for their 20th Anniversary Concept Car. I love the traditional Damier monogram, but with the graphite twist to mimic the color of the car. How sexy and sleek!

I foresee it being wildly successful, even in today's economy. There are plenty of people who are able and willing to pay for such customization and convenience. They also would be so very lucky when it came to packing a suitcase. If I had such beautiful luggage, I would never overstuff it, strain the zippers over a fifth pair of stilettos, or drag it along the floor of any airport. Maybe this is the solution to my packing dilemma! Do I have any sponsors which may be willing to donate to my cause? Anyone?

Not exactly a new concept....LV has teamed with auto makers in the past for custom fitting suitcases...I suppose in a Spyder, you'd need everything custom made in order to fit in it's itty bitty trunk.

I am off to finish packing and re-packing. I have given myself an outfit limit, and I'm sticking to it this time. Although.....that yellow DVF sundress is so perfect for the beach. But, my RL white pants and silk jade top would be a much better color on me...... (Do you see my ridiculous problem here?! Someone make me stop!)

All photo credits to Infiniti and Louis Vuitton.

Comments

Dutchbaby said…
I have the exact same problem with packing for vacations. It's so fun to look great on a vacation isn't it? What helps me is to narrow the palette so that it limits the number of shoes I need.
Brooke said…
haha, you are so funny. I ALWAYS overpack. Thankfully, I haven't gone over the weight limit yet. There are always too many choices. Enjoy your vacation.
Kristy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy said…
Princess Bride...too easy :) Congrats on the restaurant review job that would be a dream job for me.
-Kristy

Popular Posts