i want. that's the problem.

image and Kat's blog

I want.


The infinite need and desire. Two words that can and usually are followed by another word or series of words that makes things more complicated.


What about the endless, innumerable times which you have fought tooth and nail to get to that sentence then you just don’t know what to say behind it. Mouth agape for mere second after the “I want…” then the click of teeth on teeth as you close your mouth.


You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you want to be.


I don't know the meaning of my life yet. I am in the process of defining it.


i am learning more about myself and what i truly want, and as much as i don't want to need validation that my wants are worthy, i want someone to share in those wants. I wish I were better at articulating what I want.

does that make sense? or are there far too many 'wants' in one sentence?



So, what do we do? Continue to fight, struggle and bleed for an unnamable future or destiny?


No. We don’t. 

Figure out what you need. Yes, the need.




Some people need more, some less.


What do I need?


Well, I have security, I have familial love, I have friendship, I have money, I have education. I have a lot. More than many other people in the world. I have opportunity ample.


What do I need?


Nothing.


To a certain extent.


But what about the wanting need. The need to share your life with your significant other. The need to pass along the experiences of the world to your children. The need to have children someday.

What about the need to accomplish something that fulfills how you want to impact the world.

The need to provide the health and happiness your parents instill in you, to them as they grow old. 

The need to learn and experience the world.


Pish, who knows. Who knows. 

If you know, you are going after it. If you don’t, you find things to try and see if it fulfills the need.


One day at a time. One action at a time. One smile, one laugh. 


I'm learning to handle myself with my head. I'm handling others with my heart.


Eventually each day you made worthwhile will patchwork into a life of great experiences. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can relate to that. Just wandering aimlessly thinking you don't need anything, don't even want anything but all the time wishing it weren't so. I was married, had 2 kids and yet there was the desire to "need" more. Life must have something even more. Women's Digital League filled that void. The need to touch lives and perhaps change lives for the better. Hope you find your need some day soon. <3
Stesha said…
great post today!! You have me really thinking about need vs. want. i really enjoyed reading it.
I love this!
especially handling yourself with your head and others with your heart. great advice to live by.

Popular Posts