Is Love Enough?

I just read this beautiful poem at my friend Dana's blog, Wonder Forest.

I had all these things.... And it still didn't work. I don't understand when people say love is all you really need. Maybe it makes you feel good when you say it, but that's about as real as I think it is.... what do you say?


Love is knowing without speaking.
Love is comfort.
It is crying in loving arms when you just need to let it out.
It is sympathy when feeling down.
Love is non judgmental.
It is not caring about your flaws.
Love is raw.
Love is little moments.
Love is no makeup and sweatpants.
Love is sharing private moments. 
It is sharing everything.
Love is sacrifice
and knowing it is ok to get angry.
It has special secrets and inside jokes.
It is being real. More than you've ever been real before.
Love is knowing that nobody is perfect, even you.
It is dancing obnoxiously around a living room.
Love is truth.
Love is letting loose. 
Love doesn't care if your legs are perfectly shaved every day.
It doesn't care that your hair is a mess.
It is knowing you have a best friend until the end.
Love is a two way street.
Love is not perfect, but it is perfect for you.
It is unlike anything you've ever felt.
Completely crazy, unjustified love.

Comments

I love this. I think love can have a very broad definition :)
Courtney B said…
Yes, yes, and YES! Love this poem!
Meggan said…
BEAUTIFUL! I agree that love is unconditional and is not perfect, but is perfect for the person in love :)
M. said…
:(

I've been thinking the same things. I think love can be enough when it is your top priority. If you can throw caution to the wind and be damned the consequences. But I guess with a certain knowledge, love isn't enough... and I hate that right now.
Unknown said…
So beautiful! And so very true :)
alicia said…
love this poem. :)

Popular Posts