Rain, Winston Churchill and....More Rain

Big Ben and some speedy double decker buses

We spent the day at the Churchill Museum and Cabinet War rooms. Absolutely fascinating. My grandfather (Papa) was a paratrooper in the US Army during WWII. He was overseas for FOUR YEARS STRAIGHT. Yes, without coming home, without speaking to my grandmother on the telephone. I cannot imagine.

It was fascinating to see what Britain's viewpoint of the war was. To see where Winston Churchill spent his days when speaking to the American President, hunkering down in his "Cabinet War Rooms", which were essentially bomb bunkers underground. 

It was fun to finally do the tourist thing here. I've been to London so many times, but never actually experienced the historical side. 

We stayed until they 'dinged the bell' and pretty much kicked us out. It was so interesting, we didn't want to leave!

So, we left, and left at the most inopportune time. IT WAS POURING outside. So, we did what we could. 

We ran.


This is the first shelter we could find!!!  It took several cups of hot tea and a hot shower to warm this girl up!



Me and Melinda. Known this chica since Junior High. :)  Happy we could experience Europe (finally) together.



Hello, London tube. 


My rain soaked jeans, which does not fully show the freezing cold wetness ALL the way up my leg!

Comments

It must have been amazing to travel with a long time friend! I've yet to travel with my sister! Pity about the rain though.

Wishing you and yours a very happy new year :)

Popular Posts