Biking off the Beaten Path


I think S. was happier that I have his Green Bay Packers hat on, than he was to get this text pic of me.


I took a 10 mile bike ride today from the house in Arcadia to Old Town Scottsdale. There is a beautiful canal and dirt bike path that runs the whole way. I made a deal with my legs (and broken ribs) that I would push as hard as I could on the way there, and take my time on the way back. I have a hard time being outside and not stopping for photographs. 

So as I flew by all these beautiful spots, I took mental note that I would stop on my way home. I passed ducks, mini looking herons, waterfalls, gorgeous flowers, parks, a father teaching his small son how to play tennis, runners, bikers, hand holding couples, and even a cute little cotton tail bunny! The desert does have life!


I can't explain how loud this rushing water was! Amazing!


The Asian art doubled as a wind chime. Patina covered pieces sing high and low music each time the breeze blew by.

Cloud cover was the only reason I could bike mid-day - even at 108 degrees, the clouds and breeze made it feasible...kind of... I did jump in a freezing cold shower as soon as I got home and literally peeled my soaked clothing off.


Light and vibrant reds - so warm.



Who knew Arizona had waterfalls? Not me! They were beautiful!



I love that there were little sitting spots for visitors to enjoy the water. It was so quiet except for the loud roar of 3 waterfalls surrounding the sunken seats.


A beautiful reflection of the Scottsdale Waterfront bridge on these water covered stones, the vibrant green patina.

Texture. Movement. Tranquillity. 

Comments

Leslie said…
108 degrees! That's warm .. good thing you have these nice spots to stop for a second. Love the waterfalls. We visited this area years ago and I recall the HEAT and lots of beauty everywhere.
You go, biking in that heat! I'd definitely be dreaming about jumping in a waterfall if I were you :)
Unknown said…
that looks like a great ride!! how'd you do it in such hot weather?? :P hats looks so good on you btw! hehehe

so you've been to 49 of the states! i've only been to 30 ahahah..thanks to those family road trips! yes, please!!! come visit me in vancouver and we can take a cruie up to Alaska or something!!! :P

XOx
Mrs. Pancakes said…
That's sounds like fun...but definitely keep hydrated! That's hot!
Unknown said…
love the views! - i love going biking/jogging around my own area and discovering all the little hidden treasures! - thanx for sharing!!!

*Much Bliss*
Erika~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Popular Posts