Hello Haiti!



I feel like I can't possibly find the space or time to love another group of women as much as I loved the last...But they're like my children. Your heart just grows and there is always more room to love. This is an email I received today. "I am so very thankful for what you, the American government and all other partners supporting that cause are doing to help my country. Contrary to whatever other people think of Haiti, i am sure you see the potential of these women and the hope and the dreams that they carry for my country. As many people think Haiti is one of the poorest country on the planet; the forgot that we are one of the strongest and toughest nations. Despite of all we've been through, we are still standing and fighting the good fight cause we believe on day that we will rise in front of all nations. Thank you for being part of the change, thank you for helping us carry on the hope and dreams that we have. I want you to know that your work won't be in vain before God and before our people. Me and my people will forever be grateful to you and to others like you."

For the next 2 weeks, twenty-seven Haitian women entrepreneurs are here at Thunderbird as my newest 10,000 Women class. 


 I'm hearing the most incredible stories from these women, particularly regarding the effect the earthquake had on their lives. Their buildings, businesses, homes, and schools were destroyed. They had to start from scratch. Many lost loved ones. One woman lost her nursing school, her son, and 100 students! I cannot fathom the devastation one would experience after going through something like that. The tenacity they've shown to keep their businesses running, to keep their families healthy and in school... They are pretty incredible ladies! 

 Their reward for being fabulous? Bowling, of course! There are no bowling alleys in Haiti. Most have never heard of bowling, let alone tried it before. IT.WAS.HILARIOUS.

Murana 
Noberta throwing the ball

Smide

What's my score?!


Comments

Leslie said…
Wonderful! I love reading about something positive. Good for you .. playing a part.

Leslie
Congratulations Amy, it is my hope that life gives you as much as you give others xoxox

Popular Posts