My first blog....I'm a late bloomer I guess....

Hello from windy, rainy, hot and humid Florida. I am looking out my living room window on the 21st floor of my condo building and watching Tropical Storm Noel blow in. The weather is pretty amazing sometimes. I can't really complain though... it was 94 degrees today, and it's October 31st... which reminds me, Happy Halloween!! I was in San Diego visiting my very best friend Sarah last weekend, and although I had the flu, we still got to spend the weekend before Halloween together, which is when everyone goes out all dressed up. I sort of forgot that the weekend before was the big costume moment... I haven't been in the country for Halloween for the past few years, and kids in other cultures don't really partake... so I guess the spirit of Halloween kind of slipped my mind. No worries though... I went to the store and bought candy corns (and a few snickers, and when i say a few, i mean 2 bags..i admit it), black candles, spooky bat dangly thingys and other paraphernalia.... Don't want to stray too far from the spirit of the day :) So what are some of your costume ideas? I feel like people get more creative every year... girls also get to use the day to shamelessly parade around like little prostitutes, but that's a whole other discussion.... I can't say my costume this year was too far from that either. But, in my own lame defense, I hadn't planned on dressing up, and therefore had no costume. Sarah and I had to buy one about 3 hours before we went out. The only thing I could find that didn't leave my rear end hanging out was this spiced up farmer's daughter outfit. I actually thought it was pretty cute, but I doubt any real farmer's daughter would be caught dead wearing this little (and i literally mean, little...) number.

Well, I think that's probably enough for my first post. I'll upload the most recent pics from Josh's and my vacation out West.... More to come after I get his pictures...He has the better camera, and is definitely the better photographer. :) It was 1 1/2 weeks filled with old friends, family and National parks. The weather couldn't have been better, and I had a really great time catching up with old Utah State friends, meeting Josh's family and hiking to some of the most amazing view points in Southern Utah.
Bryce National Park

Feet overlooking Observation Point in Zions. 2 hour hike up. Pretty tiring, but worth it!

Zion National Park

One of my roommes from Utah State, Brooke Anderson.

Comments

M. said…
good to see you got with it so I can actually semi keep up with you! :) so... when do I get to see a photo of your boyfriend?! My friend that just got married is moving to Ft. Lauderdale- 2 reasons to come visit FL now!
Laina said…
Hey girl! I can't beleive you were in San Diego and didn't call me!! Hope you are well! Hook me up with a job- Im single now so I can move away from here!!!! Loves.
Brooke said…
Who knew that a four year old could take such a good picture. It was good seeing you guys, and I hope the remainder of your trip went well.
I have been reading the posts avidly so just wanted to express my thanks for providing me with some very good reading material. I look forward to more, and taking a more active part in the discussions here.

Popular Posts