Beach or Pool?

Today was absolutely beautiful. I didn't have too much going on during the day, so I started getting ready to spend some time outside. We have a great pool at my building. It's on the roof of our high rise, so as you lay in the sunshine, you have an awesome 360 degree view of the ocean from Fort Lauderdale to Miami and everything in between. As I was throwing a few things in my beach bag, I realized that I live about 2 miles from the actual beach, and I was choosing to go to the pool. Lame. So, I re-packed my bag for the beach and headed down there! Good choice. The winds were blowing steadily, there weren't too many people, and the sand is actually back on the beach (there have been major problems of sand completely disappearing off the beach after tropical storms and hurricanes. Tropical Storm Noel did a number on Ft. Lauderdale beaches).

Most of my friends here in Florida work 9-5. So, until I can round up people that have similar neurotic work schedules a like to myself, I am forced to do many beach days alone... Actually, I kind of like the solitude. I can lay back, read my magazines and books, listen to the waves, contemplate the meaning of life. haha... Anyways, I just wanted to share a few pictures I snapped while laying there today. You can see them at the bottom of this little entry....

Sometimes it will just hit me how lucky and blessed I am. In order not to feel completely ungrateful, I come up with lists in my head and "count my blessings". I had one of those moments today... I'll share a few of my thoughts... Maybe it was the beautiful day, maybe it's because Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I'm getting in a little early practice, or maybe I just really am thankful for the awesome people and experiences I have in my life. My family, my close friends, that my job allows me to travel, that my job allows me the freedom of not working 9-5, my knowledge of God, living in such a beautiful part of America, being an American, my education, my health, my ability to embrace change, discovering new yummy food, the sunshine, and again...most importantly my family and close friends. Ok, enough with my mushy gushy lists.... I was most thankful today for discovering Taco Tuesday!!! $1 chicken tacos on the beach! AWESOME!!!




Comments

Popular Posts