Images of Vizcaya

My mind is swirling in observation. Today was a good day. I will write more details soon, but I just wanted to leave you with some of the beautiful scenery I captured while at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens today. Lush, extravagant, elegant, European, South Floridian, tropical, beautiful, glamorous, 1920's classic beauty....some of the words that come to mind after experiencing this amazing mansion, tucked away in the lush tropical forests of Miami.

FYI - you can click on the picture to see a larger version

Welcome to Vizcaya



Tears
Spanish Moss


Grotto

Web of moss glistening in the morning sun


Droplets raining over Vizcaya

Bow to the Sun

Confused Limbs

Reminding me of hot Vermont summers

Coral staircase. I imagine the parties. Roaring 20's.
Bridge to Venice
Coral Stalactites




Here Comes the Bride


Comments

Anonymous said…
Can't wait to go there with my camera gear. I love what you've captured...particularly your "Bow to the Sun". Will look nice enlarged on my wall :) :)
Keep it up....chip off the ol block.
daddy
Anonymous said…
Wow - you have captured an amazing place in your intro and photos! You should get a marketing "finder's fee"! The use of coral in the walls, steps, statues, etc. is fascinating. Loved the water droplets arching over the mansion...the plants saturated with color... Backlit Spanish moss takes me back to childhood - I used to collect it on trips to see my Florida grandparents and take it back home to Vermont for show and tell!

Popular Posts