Thank You First Responders

My alarm went off this morning at 6:45am. I think I might have thrown my Blackberry at the wall in an attempt to get 10 more minutes of sleep.

However, then I remembered what I was waking up so early for, jumped out of bed, hit the shower, and was out the door in under an hour! I was proud of myself! Being a girl can be time consuming in the morning sometimes! Especially when you know you'll be working at an appreciation function for over 300 local Policemen, Firefighters, Military and other first response personnel. :)

An organization called Water Angels started a new tradition this year with a "First Responders Appreciation Annual Luncheon". The Attorney General of Florida and the Chief of Police were our featured speakers. There were raffle prizes, and I'm not talking lame raffle prizes here!! We gave away over $700 in restaurant gift certificates to one police officer, 2 $1000 grills to a police officer and a fire fighter, free golf for 4 people at a ritzy country club to a member of the Coast Guard etc... Not too shabby!

As I stood there between 4 tables of SWAT guys, I thought to myself....This could be very beneficial next time I get pulled over for speeding!

I just wanted to say how appreciative I am to everyone who sacrifices so much to be a public servant in America. I am so grateful for all the police officers who risk their lives to be there for the less fortunate, and keep us from harm. I'm grateful for the fire fighters who risk their lives to save complete strangers. I am grateful for every branch of our military and their families. They give their entire lives to ensure our freedom as Americans.

We have lost 4 police officers this year in Broward County alone. Each one was murdered while on duty. It was a somber moment when they recognized their lifelong service at the luncheon today.

I never understood the people who hate police officers or the military. Without them, I don't want to imagine how dangerous our streets would be.

So THANK YOU for all that you do!!!



Comments

Popular Posts