Hot Dogs or Spam?

Mainland convenience store delicacies....



Hawaiian convenience store delicacies.....

Yes, that's right... It's spam, sitting on white rice wrapped with a strip of seaweed (Nori) paper. Just like a piece of sushi. Except the spam is probably the size of my palm. It's huge. A huge, greasy hunk of nastiness.

I wonder what the etiquette protocol is for eating this? Fork? Hands? Plug your nose and swallow as quickly as possible?? I just don't know. Miss Emily Post surely has a chapter dedicated to this dilemma.

Comments

M. said…
eew. Japanese sisters made me these on my mission when they found out i liked sushi. Its their "quick bag lunch" food. I couldnt eat it though... spam. YUCK. it reminded me of that hall pass one of our teachers had in HS, whoever it was!

Popular Posts