16 Days in Europe.... I'm Broke.



We first enjoyed Paris. We flew in on the evening of Bastille Day, which is like our 4th of July. The Eiffel Tower was glittering and beautiful. Fireworks rained down across the city, and the crowds celebrated in a way only Parisians know how..... Trying to get a taxi, well, now that was a whole other story. We sat at the airport waiting for our "reserved" taxi for 2 hours. Courtesy of my last job in Miami, we practically lived in Paris for a few months, so I was designated tour guide on this trip. It was fun showing the pilots around and introducing them to both the touristy and local sides of Paris. We even made a stop at Angelina's for the most decadent treat in Paris. It is basically a melted chocolate bar poured into a mug. It makes Swiss Miss hot chocolate taste like water.





Mature, I know.... :)


This is my throne. I told the pilots I'd like it installed on the airplane.
Bastille Day crowds. get me outta here.

Venus de Milo


We then proceeded to Athens, Greece. What a beautiful city with such amazing history! The Greek have such a pride and knowledge of their ancestral beginnings.


My New Gladiator Sandals!


Parthenon. The View From Our Hotel in Athens


The Temple of Zeus






City view of Athens



The most amazing lunch in the "plaka" of Athens. We were the only non-locals!




Our next stop was Crete in the Greek Islands. It was beautiful, but at the same time, nothing like you'd imagine when you think of the Greek Islands. It looked like a combination of Mexico and Tucson, AZ. There were a handful of pretty vistas, gorgeous resorts and friendly locals. The food was fresh and plentiful! I would have thought that as an island, seafood would be on the cheaper side, but quite the opposite was true. Steak was friendlier on the wallet!




So excited for the Mediterranean!
Lunch in Chania

View from my hotel room balcony in Herklion
Knossos Ruins. 1450 B.C.

Comments

M. said…
but... for the next round i'm sure you'll manage. :) jerk. We need to go somewhere someday punk! Remember all that planning?! A drive down to Guatemala perhaps?! lol.
Ahhhh!! What a great trip!!! I am so jealous that you went to Greece!!!

Popular Posts