An Apple a Day, Keeps the Doctor Away

When I say apple, I really mean, the Big Apple... As in, New York. I'm here for the next two weeks visiting my family. A cathartic time being spent with those I love most. I can't remember the last time that I was able to get away without the fear of being "called back" on a trip for work. I guess that is the beauty of being an independent contractor in my line of work.

I just returned from a 16 day trip through Paris, Athens, and the island of Crete. I'll post more later on that experience.... but I was definitely ready to get home to the great US of A! Since I started traveling for a living, I have gained a true appreciation and gratitude for the privilege and blessing of living in America. We really do have it good over here... I don't know that I could have ever fully understood that until I spent time overseas. I learn invaluable lessons with every new trip. I'll post pictures soon... I loved the history and the deep rooted pride the Greek have in their ancestors. A wise taxi driver summed it up nicely. "People who do not know their past, do not have a future". I agree... Thankfully I was brought up in a family that values genealogy, family tradition, generational stories and the efforts to keep all of these current and alive. Being both LDS and Italian, neither side would ever allow me to forget who I am, and where I came from!! To this, I am grateful!

Well, more later. In the meantime, I am zoning out with family :)



Comments

M. said…
Doctor away.... yet there you are standing with one :)

Glad you got to go home. love ya!

Popular Posts