Hidden Gem...West New York, NJ

Whenever I say I'm flying to "NYC", I am really flying into Teterboro, New Jersey. It is the closest airport to Manhattan. I'd say during off peak driving hours, about 15 minutes into the city, at the most. It's a quick hop on the 3 East, under the Lincoln Tunnel, and voila! NYC baby! Skyscrapers and taxi cabs to your hearts content.

Flying in a private jet, it's difficult to fly into JFK or LGA. We have zero weight when it comes to slot times. They like to push us around because we're not the commercial airlines. It's a nightmare. You know how some short men buy really huge trucks? Well, I just picture the air traffic controllers as little short men, using their big tower to compensate for their short man's complex.... A whole buncha oompa loompas up there getting all Napolean on us poor people.

Anywho... I've been in "NYC" for the last 3 days with work, and we stayed in Seacaucus. It's as close to the Hudson River and the Manhattan skyline as you can get, without having to deal with the hellacious Lincoln Tunnel traffic. Staying on the NJ side of the border saves money, time, and the environment. Why the environment, you ask? Well, it's illegal to pump your own gasoline there. Did ya know that? Their reasoning, is that their gas station pump attendants are trained and skilled in preventing over filling and topping off. Therefore, no fuel is spilled on the ground, leading to certain environmental ruin! I personally am a fan of this law, because I am lazy. I do not like pumping my own gas. Not only am I lazy, but there is the whole germ ick factor. I don't like touching the gas pump. I feel like I'm being forced to hold a germy, boogery, strep infested lever for 3 minutes, and pay them $60 for it. Then to add to the gross factor, I always drip gas on my shoes! No matter how many times I tap the stupid spout off on my gas tank. The heavens did not mean for me to pump my own gas. This however, does not mean I'm about to move to Jersey. No thanks.

Ok.... So, I know the title of this post was something about West New York.... So, on a quest to find Whole Foods Monday morning, I followed my mapquest directions up River Road. I was so pleasantly surprised to find that River Road, literally means, the road parallels the Hudson River. It was like the Pacific Coast Highway of River views. It was gorgeous!! I had a unrestricted view of the NYC skyline. How lucky are these people to wake up every morning and have such a view.... Their traditional row homes to my left, the Hudson River and the skyline on my right.
I was immediately in love with area!! The big city just within reach.... Just how I like it. Too bad homes like this are selling for $700K and up.... WOW. I need a better J-O-B!!!

Comments

Popular Posts