Multitasking: Cooking dinner while watching the Presidential Debate like a good American.

My Fellow Americans..... We the People.... Stop, Collaborate and Listen, Ice is back with a brand new invention...

Ooops. Nevermind that last one.

I am deeply interested in the current political process, and I believe this election will bring out record numbers of people. Change is in the air, and Americans are beginning to get excited. I hope you all are registered to vote! I won't get into my personal political beliefs, simply because when I start to discuss politics, I tend to get pretty passionate. Yah...We'll call it passion. That's a positive word, right? Or, if we just want to keep it real, discussing politics with people who don't agree with me makes me want to stab people. Ok!! I said it, I'm crazy! Whatever. I'm passionate.

Let's discuss dinner. Dinner never makes me want to stab people. Yummy dinner makes me and my growling tummy happy.

Our local grocery store is having a sale on skinless, boneless chicken breasts. I bought one, only because I know myself. I buy meat from the meat counter, and I procrastinate making it until it goes bad in my refrigerator. Tonight was the last possible night that I could cook up that chicken breast without contracting a horrible and incurable disease, so I forced myself to decide on a chicken recipe. Real Simple is one of my favorite magazines. This month's issue had a recipe titled Chicken and Bok Choy Stir Fry. HALLELULIAH!! I had all the ingredients, so I was DEFINITELY making this dish tonight!! It took 20 minutes total. Easy stuff....

I hope you all will make this dish, and think nice thoughts of me with every bite. I like nice thoughts about me. I feel the love.

p.s. i changed the amount of each ingredient, since I was only using 1 chicken breast, instead of 4 chicken breasts. Alright, alright! I'm done talking. Get your grub on!

1 tablespoon canola oil
4 6-oz chicken breasts
4 heads baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup store bought bbq sauce
4 scallions, thinly sliced

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cut into 1 inch pieces (for quicker cooking). Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.(Note, mine looks charbroiled because I marinated the chicken in a little bit of bbq sauce and soy sauce for 1 hour before I cooked it).
Add the bok choy and 1/4 cup water to the skillet. Cover and cook until the bok choy is just tender. 3-4 minutes. (it looks like alot of greens, but it will reduce by over half, don't worry!!)

Bok Choy after cooking.

In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, bbq sauce, and scallions. Add to the skillet and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook, tossing until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.

Finished Product! Serve HOT!


Look at all that bubbly, steamy, yummy goodness. Man... I want to go eat this all over again!!! Ok, maybe not. I'm way too full!

Comments

I loved the line about wanting to stab people. That's really how I feel too. I want to still like most of my friends that write on my blog. I wrote a political blog once...I had to delete it..and not because I conceded to their points...if your smokin what I am rolling :)

Yummy chicken!
Oooh, I love baby bok choy! :) I'm comin' over for din din!

Popular Posts