The Perfect Dose of Florida

Here is a picture of my good friends, Mike and Sheli Leonardo. Ok, well.... After April 24th, 2009, they'll both be of the Leonardo last name since they are GETTING MARRIED!!! :) I am so honored to be one of Sheli's bridesmaids in her beachfront wedding. I can't wait!! I don't believe in soulmates, but if I did, these two fit the bill. I have never met a couple more perfect for each other. They are respectful, kind, loving, silly, responsible and giving to each other. I hope one day, I can find such a fulfilling relationship! Sigh.... Ok, well enough gushy stuff....

I was in Gainesville for four days with my good friend Todd Chambers from high school. He attended the United States Naval Academy for college, and is now an officer in the Navy. One of his good Academy buddies got married, and Todd was in the sword ceremony (probably a completely improper term for it), and I was his date!! We had such a great time, and it was amazing to catch up with him after 9 years. WOW.... that makes me feel old.



After the wedding, Todd went home to Norfolk, and I drove to Miami. Sheli and Mike have a gorgeous condo in Miami Beach with a guest bedroom that they graciously let me stay in. Sheli is the consummate host with guest loofahs and soaps in the bathroom, towels layed out, and fabulous meals. Thanks again guys!! Love you!


I FINALLY, after a year of procrastinating, met the moving company at my Miami storage unit. We packed all my things into the moving truck, and shipped it of to Phoenix!! As we speak, the truck is an hour away with all of my things. I can't wait to finally have my "stuff". I've been without it for so long, it will be like Christmas morning as I open up all those boxes!! I don't even remember what's in there anymore. I really have simplified my life, and I like it that way... Ironically, I paid all that money to have my stuff shipped out here, and I'll probably end up selling lots of it in a garage sale anyways.... Well, more to come after I upload my pictures from Labor Day Weekend. I stayed here in Phoenix, and went to an amazing party complete with a live Island style band, Tongan, Samoan and Hawaiian dancers, a Hawaiian BBQ feast and a gigantic slip n slide!! It was so fun! Pics to come soon!!

Comments

Miss Amy said…
thanks! BCBG. LOOOVE their look.
Todd Chambers said…
I've decided that my left side is the best side and you should share ;-) ...TC

Popular Posts