Shopping at Goodwill does a body (and wallet) good

I paid $1.00 for this Abercrombie and Fitch sweater. It cost me more to dry clean the dang thing (the receipt for $2.25 in the picture).

This is not an unusual find for me! I love the Goodwill by my house, I totally admit it. It's also a great place to donate that pair of pants that are just a little snug now that I've developed an incurable addiction to tamales...

I figure that I'm a semi-clean person. I shower daily, and I don't have any cooties or dangerous diseases that I know of. My clothes are totally safe to be worn by strangers! So why are the ones selling on the racks any different? I'm sure plenty of clean and non-cootie carrying strangers donate clothes there besides me.

The first time I went, I came home with 5 bags of designer clothing. And by designer, I'm not talking Sex and the City designer (Versace, Gucci, Fendi etc etc)... I'm talking real people designer. Ralph Lauren, BCBG, Banana Republic, Abercrombie and J Crew. I really did find all of these brand new pieces of clothing, some with tags still attached, at my local Goodwill store. Those 5 bags of clothes cost me guess how much.... Even $100 would have been a steal...

Nope, I paid $40. Yes, my friends. I am a true bargain hunter fabulous fashionista! Or not. I'm just patient and tenacious, with a hint of fashion sense. I did have to wade through a ton of 1980's era poofy prom dresses to find my gems, but I did find them! That's the point! It's out there people!!!

Go out and get your vintage hunt on. It's good for the environment too, it's like recycling for fashionistas.


God Speed my little Carrie Bradshaws....Ciao (air kisses)!!

Comments

M. said…
yeah for salvo stores. I don't think that will ever leave us... oh, i suddenly got very nostalgic! I need to come see yours though!
Miss Amy said…
i remember herkimer, salvation army, hospital scrubs galore, and EFY.... i really really do miss those days. we had so much fun, no matter what we did!! so carefree and silly :)

i love it!! and YES, didn't you know that chandler AZ is one of the wonders of the world?? guess you better add it to your list.
erin said…
Lets go to Savers/Goodwill together sometime.

Popular Posts