Dinner and Debates


No political chat here... Like I said before, it only makes me want to stab people.

Instead, I put my knives to good use tonight when I tried out a few different recipes, while watching the Presidential Debates.

Crockpot Stuffed Peppers (rice, kidney beans, corn, salsa, tomatoes, Worcestershire)
Sauteed Beet Greens, tossed in Italian Seasoning, olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette
Roasted Beets tossed in Italian Seasoning, olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette
Sauteed Chicken seasoned with Herbes de Provence (no salt, only dried marjoram, basil, bay leaf, thyme, and lavender. Sold in a handy little mixture!)

I LOVED the beets, beet greens and chicken. I wasn't a big fan of the Stuffed Peppers... But then again, I should have known better, and used red peppers, instead of green. Sometimes I don't connect the A dot to the B dot..... A, being, I don't like green peppers. B, being, I probably won't enjoy stuffed green peppers.

If you'd like recipes, just let me know, and I'll send them your way!

Oh, and p.s. on the beets... After roasting, you normally peel the skin off the beets, then eat. But when have I ever claimed to be normal?? Being both hungry and adventurous, I decided not to peel the skin off, and I was pleasantly surprised to prefer eating it with the crispy, seasoned and flavorful skin! Try it!

Comments

melissa said…
MMMMMMMM mail me some!!! ok i love that you are putting the knife to good use... katrina and i had the most grueling discussion about prop 8 yesterday. i'm sure you heard her screaming in the other room ahahah
Laina said…
I LOVE recipes and read your blog on a regular basis so any yummy ones I will GLADLY scoop up...veggies friendly of course! NO meat for this girl!

Popular Posts