Eagle Eye'ing Shia LaBeouf

I was a happy movie goer this weekend, for the first time in many months. Eagle Eye was an entertaining combination of suspense, action, unexpected gushy love moments and eye candy (i.e. Shia).

Katie had two movie passes to the local Harkins Theater, and we decided to have sister date night, even though no boys were allowed. We stopped by Kona Grill for some amazing sushi before the movie, then plopped our full bellies down in the completely full theater for the 9:45pm showing.

For the nay-sayers out there, yes, it was reminiscent of The Bourne series, Mission Impossible (meaning, aside from Big Brother's ability to control EVERYTHING, it's preposterous to think that Shia or the leading chick could have survived all those explosions and car crashes), and then a syrupy sweet Hollywood ending.

It is somewhat like the ever tempting trashy gossip mags. They lure you in with a sensational cover, absurd headlines and paparazzi photos. You buy the magazine for $5.99 and feel a twinge of guilt. This quickly dissolves somewhere on page 3, after an insider tip "saves you money" by informing you of the knockoff version of the hottest pair of shoes that every starlet is sporting. I think I lost myself in my own analogy, but what I'm trying to say, is that this movie lures you in with a sensational story, and leaves you feeling content and entertained. The acting is believable, and the writers dreamed up an interesting and filled out conspiracy theory plot, even if it's two hours of utter ridiculousness! :)

Let me kiss your poor little cut up face Shia!!

Comments

Brooke said…
I'm glad I read your post about the movie. I was going to go to a 10:20pm showing the other night, but I'm glad I got my rest instead. Your postings are quite funny. I like all the signs that had mispelled words on them. Your recipes look delicious as well. Have a good one:)
Laina said…
Ya ya know I actually really liked it too!! :o)
erin said…
Eagle Eye is an amazing movie.

Popular Posts