Taco Bell: the Movie

I am a bit embarrassed for the American public today. A tad appalled that Beverly Hills Chihuahua was America's top grossing movie since it opened in theaters on September 26th. A smidge disappointed with Disney for neglecting to raise the bar when producing an entertaining, AND culturally educational kid-friendly movie.

I'm not entirely critical and cynical of this movie. I haven't even seen it, and I normally enjoy Disney movies. It's just that it's a movie about talking dogs. Talking dogs who's breed are famously carried underneath Paris Hilton's smelly armpit. Talking dogs who rely on typical Latino stereotypes to garner laughs throughout the movie. The way they speak, the references made to Mexican culture etc. Why don't give our kids a fighting chance to become well rounded human beings? Subject them to new intelligent ideas, cross cultural entertainment and progressive thought provoking films. Kids can handle it, they're smarter than we think. Do it for the children!

Sing with me now! We are the world, we are the children, we are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving, there's a choice we're making, we're saving our own lives, it's true we'll make a better day, just you and me. Flashback fever!!!!!

Comments

Brooke said…
You must know my thoughts:)
melissa said…
hahahahahah!!!!!! my people!!

Popular Posts