Diets Of The Rich and Famous (say with Robin Leech's obnoxious accent)


"Famous Amos should be called Famous Amy's. You really need to open your own place". Last night on my flight, we flew one of my most favorite actors, Gary Sinise, and this is what he told me!! I about died.



Apparently, he tells me my reputation precedes me when it came to my Oatmeal Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip cookies.
 
In preparation for a trip a few months back, I decided to make a batch of cookies, and I guess the fam loved them. I've been flying with the same people, and unbeknownst to me, the boss had told others about his love for my baking....Reading this, I'm totally aware that I sound like a 1950s era secretary. Hush up. I like baking, ok?

So come last night's flight, I heard that my cookies were being requested. No problemo, I don't even need to look at the recipe anymore, I've baked them so many times. I understand now why my Grandmother never used recipes in her kitchen. Who wants to waste the time? Just learn them by heart, and away you go. Pinch here, handful there. Much more efficient!

I arranged my 'welcome table' nicely with the cookies, fruit, and Rice Krispy Treats for those that were looking to nibble on something found smackdab between grapes and Chocolate Peanut butter chip cookies on the sin spectrum.



I waited patiently for feedback as the mouths started chewing. Then he started with the "Famous Amy's" talk.... oh my. 

Yes, I contemplated grabbing him by the cheeks and smooching him to say thank you. Just like my grandma did when we told her we loved her cooking... I then decided against it, as I sort of needed a ride home, and not in the baggage compartment with handcuffs.

So, I'll include the simple, easy recipe. The only thing I ask, is to follow the order when it comes to mixing ingredients. You'll be happy you did when you have soft, gooey, peanut buttery chocolately oozing cookies cooling on your oven top.


Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter (room temperature. Don't melt in microwave unless necessary!)
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (I normally make it a slightly heaping firmly packed cup)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (you can use wheat, they just taste a little grainy)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I use 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice)
1/2 teaspoon salt (leave this out, and the cookies taste a little flat)
3 cups Old Fashioned Quaker Oats (please please please don't use instant or quick oats!)
1 cup chocolate chips (I use 1/2 cup choc. chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter chips)

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
4. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
5. Add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture. Mix well.
6. Stir in oats and chocolate/peanut butter chips.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoons (I usually use HUGE tablespoons, for bigger cookies. The recipe will obviously yield less) onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes or until middle is set. (Watch carefully, mine take exactly 11 minutes)
9. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack

Makes about 4 dozen (HA! Like, I said, I like to make big cookies. This yields maybe 2 doz. for me)

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just imagine what they would say if they had my chocolate balls.
M. said…
Um... I would like some cookies :) Do you want to open up a bakery together, some exotic country perhaps?! I've always wanted to, but more like a cafe place where people can come and hang out... not like what i used to work at. ;) I make killer cupcakes and biscotti. ps. your dad commented on my blog, he is hilarious.
Miss Amy said…
matt, he would have said 'WOW, these are amazing!!!! but not as yummy as these cookies'.

purely because i'm a girl, so he'd side with me, and i'm the one who feeds him.

mel, i read my dad's post... i laughed at the truth behind that statement!!! hahahaha.... oh, how do we become our parents so quickly?? i have the same style rules as you, no worries... life is too short to worry if your wellies match your adidas jacket.
Laina said…
I'm so making these!! They sound super scrumpcious!
Brooke said…
Those look so tasty! Too bad Jeff is allergic to peanuts:( Anyway, I was curious about the map tracker you have on the top of your page. Can you see who has looked at your blog ever since you put it there, or is it just a daily thing. I have one as well, but I can't seem to figure out why I only can see the day we are on. Maybe I needed to set up an account:) I hope all is well with you. I enjoy looking at your blog:)

Popular Posts