November Rain

(A shout out to all my Guns N' Roses fans)....

Thanksgiving morning. I woke abruptly to a foreign noise at 5am.... It sounded like a waterfall outside my window (well, a baby waterfall). Could it really be raining in Arizona? In November?? I listened carefully, and realized the noise I was hearing was water cascading off my stucco tiled roof, to the thirsty, dry ground below.

Apologies to the visitors in town for the holidays that were hoping for the typical sunny and warm Arizona weather! Thankfully it cleared up by dinner time, and we enjoyed a dry 75 degree Thanksgiving day.

Here is some video I took after the unexpected rain forced me to get up and document the moment as proof that it does rain in the desert. (It is 5am, sorry about the dark video). Turn up your speakers and enjoy the soft sounds. Don't waste your money on those white noise / natural sounds sleep machines. Just press play! You're getting sleeeeepyyyy. Verrryyyy sleeeepppyyyy!



Here are pictures of the raindrops a little later in the morning, after the sun came out, and normal people are actually awake.

Meet our scary cactus in the front yard

Comments

M. said…
love the last photo!! I have to say, nothing beats a rainy day when you don't have to go outside. Stay snuggled up and read a book. I dont want too many days like that, but I do love them!
Brooke said…
what kind of camera do you have? You take amazing pictures.
erin said…
You photograph, have great writing skills, beam with intellegence, and are blessed with beauty.

Popular Posts