Winehouse in Phoenix for 1 Night Only!

Amy Winehouse is so much easier to personify when you're working 24 hour days with no sleep. My reaction times were a little slower, my balance a little off in my stilettos, and I found everything people said a little more amusing. Acting the part of a cracked out pop star was no problem!

I knew my flying schedule up until Halloween was going to be busy, so I did my costume research a few weeks ago. I googled pictures of Amy Winehouse's many tattoos, and mapped out the placement of each one. I found a great website that specializes in celebrity temporary tattoos, and will ship them to you overnight (from the UK, so it's more like 2 days) for FREE! The price of each tattoo was very reasonable, and the art work is impeccable. I didn't want to take them off!! Unfortunately, Amy is tattooed in some very conspicuous places, so showcasing them while wearing anything else but my Winehouse costume, probably wouldn't be translated well. ;)

I found a great Amy Winehouse wig for only $16 at Party City. It did take a bit of effort and teamwork to style the MASS of hair 0n my head, but it wasn't anything a little headscarf and extra-hold hairspray couldn't handle.

The most time consuming part of it all was my eye makeup. That girl must go through 5 eyeliner pencils a week. Seriously people, it was sort of ridiculous how much I needed to get her look right. But start to finish, I think I was ready in under an hour.

Once we hit the parties, I can't count how many pictures I took with random people, how many grubby guys attempted an inappropriate hands-on pick up line, and how many comments I got complimenting how I "look JUST like Amy Winehouse". Now, I'm not sure this was a compliment. Lest we forget, Amy Winehouse is a crack head, alcoholic, heroin addict. I know these people meant well by commenting on my apparent likeness of Miss Winehouse, but I honestly wasn't trying to look exactly like the poor girl.

The whole night made me a little more sympathetic to what real celebrities must go through on a daily basis. I was slightly annoyed by strangers grabbing and photographing me, and I'm a nobody! People yelling "Amy Winehouse!!", or poking at my fake tattoos asking if they were real. Yes people, I'm going to tattoo myself exactly like a celebrity, all in the name of Halloween. Riiiight.

Anyways.... enough of my ramblings... Here are some photos of my costume!

Not sure what I'm doing here...Attempting a rocker face? Emphasis on the word attempting. Note the syringe tucked in my shirt, compliments of my teeth whitener gel kit. I have moments of resourcefulness....

My spoof of Winehouse's latest tabloid crack head photo of her stumbling down the street (see next picture).


Rowland (a.k.a. Dirty Sanchez) saves me after my overdose.

Comments

SO HOT!

P.S I love Amy Winehouse. I listen to her all the time. I know, sad, but how could you not love Valerie??!
Laina said…
You are freakin AWESOME!! Great costume! You look GOOD though whereas she looks like straight trash! So people telling you you looked EXACTLY like her are straight dumb! But good job and you look beautiful as always!
M. said…
you are crazy, I love it! :)
A FABULOUS costum indeed! loved the tattoos, loved the make-up, loved loved loved the hair! Oh, and you know you're WAY to pretty to actually BE her, riiiight!?!? Slash, you're not cracked out and you DON'T look like a horse... poor Amy Winehouse:(

Popular Posts