The Sugar High Begins

The sugary sweet creative juices start flowing through my veins like clockwork. The day after Thanksgiving arrives, and suddenly all I can focus on is dreaming up with new Christmas goodie concoctions.

Due to this little economic rough patch we're going through, I've been flying considerably less this winter....Which has been great socially, but unfortunate for my bank account. However, this does leave me with oodles (did I just say oodles?) of time to use and abuse my oven, spatulas, whisks and bowls. Flour and sugar will fly, people.

I started slowly this year, and gave my oven a temporary break before the real Christmas cookie festivities begin. I had fun assembling my little gumdrop snow people. I felt like I was creating an edible snow globe.


Note: Sprinkles crush easily if you press on them too hard!! His poor mouth and button! Oops!

This glass vase is really not that grimy.... I poured regular sugar into the vase, and just stuck the village people, I mean, gumdrop people into it.


Walmart was surprisingly inspiring today. The aisle display featured these yummies side by side: So, my next natural thought was Mint Chocolate Holiday Marshmellows! I still had lollipop sticks left over from my first adventure in gum drop man land.
I don't have a fondue set, or the stackable pots you can use for melting, so I used an oven safe bowl that fit perfectly on top of this pot. Just make sure the bowl is not actually touching the boiling water in the pot. It needs to freely hover above it.
I picked up some hard mint candies at Wally World, just in case I wanted to try this on a few of my chocolate covered marshmellows:
But, I only had the patience to crush up one mint. These three are the only ones I covered. I'm lazy, sorry.
I'm sure there are nicer ways I could have displayed these, but by like I said before, I was feeling lazy. Sugar does that to you....gives you a great rush, but then it drops you on your butt before you can say mint chocolate!

Comments

Unknown said…
Adorable, scrumptious, and clever!
erin said…
Stop making me love you more.

Popular Posts