I should have known I was up for a great weekend after seeing this on Friday afternoon... I love rainbows. Not only are they beautiful, I love their Biblical connotations.
I remember so vividly a conversation I had with my Father when I was a senior in high school. He wisely told me that as I got older, if I could count my true friends on one hand, I would be blessed. I remember scoffing at the idea that my high school friends wouldn't be there through thick and thin forever, and ever, and ever, and ever (pinkie swear!). You mean, he meant to tell me that our "hilarious" pranks, immature jokes, late night fast food runs and heartbreaking crushes wouldn't continue for life?

yeeeeahhhh right. whatever dad.


My Dad was right. He usually is (don't tell him I said that). I am so grateful for my true friends, which I most definitely can count on one hand. I am so thankful for my loving family. They are eternal. They are unconditional. I love them so much!!

Anyways, moving on to less mushy gushy stuff... to FOOD!!! I made the most scrumptious granola! If you want the recipe....tough luck. I made it up as I went along. But, if you are really dead set on it... I'll try to remember best I can! Loosely translated... I'll list off: oats, brown sugar, maple syrup, vegetable oil, slivered almonds, dried papaya, salt..... that's all my brain can take at the moment. I'll get back to you.
On Saturday, I went with two amazing friends to check out a new Indian restaurant called The Dhaba. We weren't impressed at all with their food (bland), however the beautiful copper plateware, hilarious Bollywood music videos, free Chai tea, and garlic naan (i'm obsessed) were enough to keep us satisfied momentarily. Right next door, a simple beaded curtain separated the dining room from a little Indian market. As you've seen in earlier posts, I can't get enough of exotic markets!!! I want to raid their spice shelves, load my cart with sauces and all things foreign. Who cares if I have no clue how to use it all. I'm a super Google researcher.

There is just something so UNICEF about bags of rice. Not that UNICEF would ever distribute the expensive basmati rice. If that was the case, next thing we know, they'd be dropping pallets of truffle oil.
Who know pickles were in such high demand? Apparently, enough to warrant 'hot sales'.

Comments

M. said…
yes, yes... Chetaham the wise! It was good to finally see you again! I say we plan on me making a trip this spring/summer. I'm going to Peru in July but that's it! (yes i see the irony). Let me know how things are for you. Love ya!xx

Popular Posts