Reading Rainbow...Remember that Show? We Love LeVar Burton.

I am on the hunt for a new book to read. I am fully aware that I have 4 half read books on my nightstand, but that's just how I work. I multi-task when it comes to literature. Some nights I'm in the mood for Lord of the Flies, other nights I'm in the mood for Harry Potter. (Just kidding, I've never been in the mood for dear Harry. I just don't find him that amusing, sorry).

So, I need some suggestions. I just finished The Alchemist, and loved it! I love a good story, but I love a good story that teaches me something new. Like I said, I'm all about multi-tasking.

Comments, suggestions, demands?

Comments

Laina said…
Ok I just read Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright on my drive home from Park City on Friday (which I'm really bummed I never heard from you!!) The book was fabulous. He also wrote Christmas Jars which is a QUICK read and another top favorite. Any Mitch Albom book is FABULOUS if you haven't already read them. He is my favorite author. :o)
Have you read Eat, Pray, Love?
I second Eat, Pray, Love and also The Omnivore's Dilemma.

:)
Miss Amy said…
Laina - i LOVE mitch albom. what an inspiring and thought provoking story teller he is...

em and melody - i also loved Eat Pray Love!! Wonderful book!! However, it makes me want to run away from it all and move to Italy, just to eat :)
M. said…
Eat, Pray, Love I heard is good... but haven't read it. On my list! Have you read 3 cups of Tea? It is fantastic.
Anonymous said…
Kite Runner and Thousand Splendid Suns...can get heavy, but they are really good. I have to admit, I just got stuck on the Twilight Saga...A Long Way Home...Water for Elephants....Secret Life of Bees...was bored this summer :)
Unknown said…
Have you read Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier? Loved it! I've also read Eat, Pray, Love and really enjoyed that one too. Another favorite that I read last year was Pope Joan by Donna Woolfork Cross.

Popular Posts