I Guess It Has Been 10 Years....

Yes, pitiful, shameful, regrettable. It's been 10 years since our last formal family photo. Thankfully I have an incredibly talented photographer friend Winter Rowland. In true Scerra fashion, we decided at the eleventh hour that we'd like to get pictures done before my parents return to blizzardy (is that a word?) New York. We decided on a desert / outdoorsy theme, since it's pretty far removed from anything East Coast. Try somethin' a little different.

We met Winter and her assistant/sister-in-law at the bottom of South Mountain about 1 1/2 hours before sunset. We had gawkers and tag alongs, since the mountain is a public place, which made being fierce and fabulous in our photoshoot feel kind of silly. Not that we were going for the fierce and fabulous family look, but I always feel a little bit of stagefright when people stare at me. I'm weird, I don't know what my deal is.

Winter posted one sample pic on her website until she's done working with all the best. I just have to congratulate her in actually taking one, let alone MANY photos of our family where we're all
a) looking at the camera at the same time.
b) not blinking, sneezing, coughing, rolling our eyes at each other.
c) Mom isn't giving one of the siblings the 'look of death' stare. Behave child.
d) Dad isn't pulling a face to stress his disdane for photos.
e) finding more than one angle (from the left) that Katie and I can look decent being photographed from. Normally we just do "prom pose", so Katie and I can both have our "good sides" in the photo.
f) I realize we sound completely disfunctional and weird after this list of quirks. I assure you, we are.

Ok, enough blabber, here's the photo! More to come!!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Love your write-up of our fabulous experience! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos! This one's amazing!
Unknown said…
That photo looks great! Can't wait to see more.
michelle said…
AWESOME!!!! Superb photo and write-up. What an attractive/good looking family! It was great having you all here in our home.
michelle said…
ummm....my mom (karen) made the last comment....not me...but I do think it is a great photo!
M. said…
aaawh! I love it, and I love you guys!!
Laina said…
That is an AMAZING picture! LOVE IT! [and i totally have to take pics from one side only. Trust me. I get it.]
triscott said…
what a wonderful picture, I wish i could of met your rents!!!

Popular Posts