Nile Cafe

Best hummus ever. Seriously.

Freshly home made, ridiculous and addicting. Katie and I met for lunch Thursday, and stumbled upon the Nile Cafe in downtown Phoenix, I believe on 7th street and Roosevelt. It's not to be confused with the Blue Nile, which is Ethiopian, I think. This is Mediterranean / Middle Eastern food fresh off the shawarma boat! The restaurant front looks like a new condo building...someone's home almost. We were the only patrons, but it didn't feel empty with their modest layout of 4 tables. The colors and decor is contemporary, with Egyptian print cloth draping their tables. It is light, airy, homey and fresh, which isn't an easy combination to pull off. David is the chef, waiter, and possibly owner... We aren't sure. But he was friendly, helpful and generous. We ordered the roasted red pepper hummus. We even had the choice between wheat and white pita! We chose wheat. It took a good 10 minutes for him to bring this out, which we quickly found was because he was making it from scratch in the back! The pita supply is constant too. You tear off a piece, he brings you 10 more pitas. "They're fresh! Eat fresh pitas!"

Ok, I'm totally disappointed right now. I went to attach pictures and THEY'RE GONE. Deleted, missing, not there, whatever. I'm bummed.... Well, you'll just have to take my word on it.

This hummus was the bomb. Go check out The Nile Cafe, and ask for David. Tell him Amy and Katie sent you. He actually did tell me to say that to my friends...So I'm not just blowing smoke here :) He'll hook you up!

Comments

Beth said…
mmmm, I love hummus & pita! This place sounds great, and I was thinking the Blue Nile, until you clarified! Thanks for the review, I've got to check this one out :)

Popular Posts