You are my sunshine, my only sunshine....


You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away....

I love that song. I can still hear my mom singing it to me before I fell asleep as a child. Did you know it is one of Louisiana's state songs? I didn't... so of course, I did a little Google research. When I read the rest of the lyrics, I wasn't sure if I should laugh hysterically at their silliness and awkward descriptions...Or if I should break out the banjo, sing along (same tune as the rest of the you are my sunshine), and dream sweet dreams of gumbo and jambalaya. The latter sounds much more yummy.

Louisiana my Louisiana the place where I was borne. White fields of cotton -- green fields clover, the best fishing and long tall corn;

Crawfish gumbo and jambalaya
the biggest shrimp and sugar cane, the finest oysters and sweet strawberries from Toledo Bend to New Orleans
Happy Almost Valentines Day!


Comments

Popular Posts