Dr. Seuss was 1/20th Irish

Actually, he was German. Maybe he just liked the color green. But then again, you know those Europeans....It's all one big crazy melting pot over there.We all make assumptions. We make baseless judgments about people, cultures, books, movies, food and even ourselves. None are without guilt, as we have all fallen prey to shining our own variation of this harsh spotlight on others. I'm trying to be slow to judge, keeping my eyes, ears and mind open to as much information as possible. Reading Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss again as an adult was fascinating, as I realized this poem is based on the reality that we make decisions before we actually research what's being offered to us. Thankfully, Sam-I-Am finally convinces his friend to try the green eggs and ham. And what do you know.... he likes it! We could learn a thing or two from this lesson learned!

Say!
I like green eggs and ham!
I do! I like them, Sam-I-am!
And I would eat them in a boat.
And I would eat them with a goat...

And I will eat them in the rain.
And in the dark. And on a train.
And in a car. And in a tree.
They are so good, so good, you see!

So I will eat them in a box.
And I will eat them with a fox.
And I will eat them in a house.
And I will eat them with a mouse.
And I will eat them here and there.
Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like
green eggs and ham!
Thank you!
Thank you,
Sam-I-am!

Dr. Seuss would have no doubt approved of my healthy St. Patricks Day version of green eggs and ham! The holiday started out well with a great breakfast of green eggs and turkey bacon.

Starting out with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites
Now class, take a look at your color wheel. When you mix yellow and blue, you get green!
Add a little spinach
An O'Seuss breakfast.


Comments

Laina said…
You are soo cute!
Anonymous said…
What the!!!!! Where's the shout out you promised??!! Grrrr!!!

Popular Posts