Hell Freezeth Over

I'm sorry if you're sick of me. Three posts today already, I know! Hell freezeth over. I just wanted to state that I have banished myself from grilling fish. Forever. And ever.

If my confidence as a cook depended on this single moment in time, I would feel a miserable failure. A hopeless joke as a future stay at home mom, entrusted with cooking healthful foods for her children. A sorry excuse for a human who should be demoted to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich maker.

I was so disappointed that my first try at grilling fish turned out so badly!! I found a great cut of organic sea bass, which i covered in olive oil and herbs de provence. The grill was allowed to pre-heat to a nice medium high heat, the teflon (i think) rack was wiped down with olive oil, and the piece of fish layed right across the flames. All sounds like a good start.... Until it came time to flip it. The fish apocalypse quickly ensued. My fish broke in half. Half stayed edible, the other half was sacrificed to the grill fire Gods below the rack. It fell, it sizzled, and it burned. And I cried. Ok, not really. But I was bummed .... The piece that survived came out very tasty! I do need to learn how to grill fish properly, because I don't like banning myself from anything. The word 'can't' doesn't sit nicely with me.

I did not take pictures. I get enough grief as it is from my loving family. I assure you, I don't need more material for them to roast me with. It's like handing meat to the lions! Ha! Not going to happen.

I started out my day on the bright side! I made a great Migas breakfast for Katie and me. (Migas really is the future of all fantastically yummy breakfasts. I'm convinced it could create peace on Earth).

I even sewed a hole in a shirt, people. THAT is progress. Pairing me with a needle is like giving a 2 year old a butcher knife. I only bled once.

To restore my confidence in the kitchen, I decided to make a tasty Thai Chicken Pumpkin Soup (with peanut sauce) over Jasmine rice for dinner. It turned out deliciously....I'll leave that post for tomorrow!!

Comments

Unknown said…
First, tell me what a Migas breakfast is! (Oops - I see there's a link...) Second, your dinner sounded fantastic!!! Thai is my favorite food, I think. Third, I'm very proud of you for trying your hand at sewing! And last, I have just the grilling tool for you, so you won't have to give up on fish - I gave one to Dad for his birthday just last week! We've lost more than one good piece of fish the same way and I know how that feels...so sorry! At least you have the kind of weather for grilling in March...
M. said…
psh. since when do you give up after a first try. Make MEEEE migas!
Miss Amy said…
oh, there will be no giving up. that is for sure! i will grill fish one day soon :)

Popular Posts