Stable Beauty

My darling friend Maura boards her gorgeous horse at a nearby stable, and invited me out there on a beautiful sunny day.

During his exercise session, I was impressed with his obedience to Maura's vocal commands. Especially as the extent of my animal training skills was teaching my dog to 'sit'.
Something I've always loved is the unassuming beauty at horse stables. Who expects such gorgeous surroundings when you walk into the stable, and you're promptly greeted with the pungent smell of horse manure and leather....and maybe a little bit of fly spray. But when you start to really look around, explore, and appreciate the rustic appeal....you understand the beauty.


He's totally not feelin' his bath here. Typical boy...He just wanted to roll around in the mud.

Hi, my nose is clean.
If you want me to behave, give me an apple, please....This horse and I think alike.
Beauty is in the details.
I can stomach beautiful cobwebs like this, as long as they are not in my pantry. Spiders are banished to outdoor cobweb making when I'm around.

Comments

Brooke said…
Those are great pictures! I know I have told you this a few times now, but you really should be a writer. I wish I had your writing skills.
Laina said…
OMG those pictures are AMAZING. hey..question...what kind of camera do you have? Since mine is officially outta comission I need a new one...your quality is so great. And I LOVE horses.

Popular Posts