"Best Moment of My Day" Series

I have decided to begin a series of blog posts and photos dedicated to the best moments of my day. Some people keep a gratitude journal, some keep a list of the blessings in their life. Personally, I find photography to be a fascinating medium, allowing one to be visually captivating, humorous and inspiring. So much can be said through a photo. I hope I am able to convey this in my humble attempt to be more aware and grateful for the amazing blessings in my life.

How do you cheer friends up that are feeling down? How do you cheer siblings up? My guess is, your answer to each question is different. Why is it that we put less effort into helping our nearest and dearest loved ones during a hard time? I found myself coming up with creative and fun ideas to help uplift my friends, but when a family member needed the same attention, I sort of dropped the ball. I decided to change course yesterday.

There are few things I get more satisfaction from than being someone's personal cheerleader. I try my hardest to be empathetic as I listen to others' problems, missteps and hard times. I think it's important to help them help themselves. I have learned that most everyone has the tools they already need to fix their problem... They just need someone to believe they can do it and support them. Most of the time, I find myself using humor to lighten the mood, or remind them to keep their head up. That not everything in life has to be so serious and dark....

All this chitter chatter brings me to my darling sister. She was in need of cheering up. As I shopped for produce at the local Asian market, my thoughts were consumed with how I could lighten her mood.... Thankfully, the Asian market is full of hilarious gift opportunities. I was having lunch with Katie in about an hour. I knew the mood would be slightly less energetic and upbeat than usual, so I knew I needed to bring something along to help me make a point.

"I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door - or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present." -Rabindranath Tagore



Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, the giant carrot.
Now, I know that a freakishly huge carrot will not solve world hunger, or create a plan for world peace. But it does make you laugh. ☺Laughter is a start to looking forward and upward. Try it, you'll see!
So, my friends, if you're feeling down and in need of a laugh....Don't be surprised if I show up on your door step with a giant turnip or a colossal cucumber. I guarantee you'll laugh. Especially when it's all wrapped up in a pretty bow. ☺

Comments

Brooke said…
You crack me up! I bet your sister thought it was hilarious. Will you mail me an oversized vegetable when I need a pick me up:) Very creative.

Popular Posts