The Wild Things Are In My Backyard

I cannot wait for Where The Wild Things Are, the movie!! The new Spike Jonze flick comes out October 19th, 2009, just in time for Halloween. How fun would it be to dress up as one of the Wild Things monsters for Halloween? Too bad I'm only 5'2. I don't think I'd make for the most convincing monster. Maybe I could pull off Max, however. He is wearing a crown afterall...I could get into that.
The book was one of my favorites growing up, and I remember the excitememt I'd feel when my mom would read this to us. Wild, ferocious monsters living in a forest, and little Max ending up as their King! How divine! One of us little ones ruling an entire Kingdom of big scary animals. How fantastic!

Speaking of where the wild things are...I think they might all live in my back yard. I am sitting in my living room, back sliding door wide open, listening to the sounds of the Amazon Rainforest. Except, I'm not in the Amazon.... I'm still here in Arizona. The birds that live in our bushes and trees are some of the noisiest, craziest, loudest birds I've ever heard! They're definitely involved in a pretty passionate conversation which is serving as the beautiful soundtrack to my morning!

Comments

M. said…
um... it's spring. I wouldn't say it's a lively CONVO they're having..just saying. Start making that crown!

Popular Posts