Opa!!!

I have the most incredible family and friends. Thank you so much for an amazing birthday! I had Pakistani food for lunch, Greek for dinner. In between I went to a fireside that uplifted and edified me with some of the most inspiring words and thoughts. When so much negativity is swirling around in the world, it gives me hope and peace when my loved ones help me remember all the positive I have in my life. I am so grateful!

I woke up to a smattering of gorgeous pink balloons all over the house!!! Thank you Katie!

Lunch at the Copper Kettle for some delicious Pakistani food. The chef came out to our table and helped us understand the difference between Pakistani food and Indian food. The countries share a border, hence the similar cuisine. He explained that India is known for cream based sauces, Pakistan relies on herbs and spices for flavor.


Loved the hammered copper mirror!


Artwork and textiles adorning the wall are all from Pakistan.


Sparkling thanks to my loving mother. I love you!


Bacchanal Greek restaurant. Meet George. His titles include owner, dancer, entertainer, heavy cologne wearer. We loved George, and he is totally and madly in love with any and all women! Oh George....we could still smell your cologne on us long after we departed your fun restaurant.


Beautiful Jordan


Only friends with sassy fingernails were invited


I love my sister! Thank you for a fabulous birthday!


All of the girls....and George of course felt the need to hoist me up for the photo. This is my awkward pose, where I'm not quite sure where to put my arm, if I should smile, scream, kick him in the shins??? What's my protocol here?

Comments

Debbie said…
happy birthday!!! i love the necklace!
Brooke said…
Happy late birthday! Sorry I missed the actual day. I know, no excuses, but really it has been crazy:) I hope you had a wonderful day. It looks like you did, and you keep getting more beautiful the older you get. What are your secrets!
Unknown said…
Sure looks and sounds like you had a GREAT birthday! Love the photos - all of them!!!
michelle said…
thanks for a blast of a fun night on your birthday! it was "unforgettable in every way." :}

Popular Posts