Pacific Coast Highway

I'm home after a great weekend in San Diego and La Jolla with my very best friend. Sometimes it takes so little to refresh and recharge the internal batteries. I love the landscape once you enter California. The rolling hills, stunning sunsets...even the gigantic windmills. Some think they litter the landscape and are a blemish to the scenery. I think they resemble the future. A future of renewable, sustainable energy. I'd rather watch the hypnotic blade revolutions churn their way through the wind, than a coal plant billowing thick black smoke into my air.

I have to apologize for my molasses like posting lately. I have an amazing opportunity at my doorstep, and have been all consumed with writing samples and eating ethnic foods. I'll connect the dots for you later this week when all the moving parts come together. I'm so very excited!!!

Memorial Day was fantastic for a few reasons. The first being, we never changed out of our pajamas. We went low profile for breakfast, lunch and boutique shopping. Now, mind you, our pj's could pass for yoga clothes...Not like we were rockin the horrible plaid flannel pants around town. I will confess that I do own a pair of pj pants that have strips of bacon all over them. I'm not sure why or where I obtained these. Immaterial I suppose, but still funny! The obvious highlight of my weekend is the blessing of comfort and love I feel when with close friends. It's one that I miss, and am so grateful for. All of my best girlfriends are scattered around the country, so it's always such a treat when I can spend a long weekend with those that love and know me the best.


It seems like I haven't taken a proper bike ride for ages. I love the exercise and sightseeing capabilities of a good bike ride. All respectable San Diegoans seem to own beach cruisers, so I rode Sarah's bike while she took her boyfriend's for a ride up the PCH all through La Jolla. Exquisite. Breathtaking. Challenging hills. Seriously, there were some San Francisco type hills we conquered. Beach cruisers don't have the capability to change gears. It's a one size fits all kind of peddling!

The drive home was thankfully uneventful. I was pleasantly surprised by the gorgeous landscape as I crossed the border into Arizona. Scattered green farms served as a stark contrast to the seemingly barren landscape just beyond their fences. After moving to Arizona, I am drawn to lush greens like a thirsty animal to water. It's a great refresher for my day!

Comments

M. said…
glad you had fun!! I have a beach cruiser, doesn't quite work in D.C. ;)
Laina said…
I can't wait to hear what it is you are doing....!

Popular Posts