What Inspires Your Memories?

Do you ever see a photo that instantly brings you back to your childhood? This gorgeous bathroom did that for me. It reminds me of hot summers in Vermont visiting my grandparents. They have a amazingly beautiful home in the woods outside of Burlington. We would play on acres and acres of wildflowers, daydream with our heads laid on the soft moss in the shade of tall evergreens, splash around in the country ponds, cross country ski alongside fences made of large, smooth river rock, play with the dogs in the waist high grass, and bake delicious apple pies in the spacious wood and copper kitchen with Mt. Mansfield as our backdrop through the gigantic picture window.

Remembering these times give me peace. They make me happy....I am excited for the future when my own children will be able to enjoy such happy summertime freedoms.

But honestly, is this bathroom not just gorgeous?! Thank you to This Is Glamorous for the inspiration.

Comments

Unknown said…
You took me back in time... wonderful memories...thank you!
Brooke said…
I think it is amazing how the brain can trigure a certain memory so vividly when something is seen, heard, or smelled. Thanks for sharing.
Dutchbaby said…
Lucky you! The sheer curtain panels are gorgeous.

btw, arrived here via Paris Parfait.
Dutchbaby said…
I lied, I came here via Paris Apartment via Paris Parfait. I'm in a meandering mood this morning.

Popular Posts