The Getty Center

I was patriotic this weekend and indulged myself with an all American getaway. Los Angeles, California beaches, The Getty Center's amazing art and architecture, flowers, beach cruisers, ice cream and people watching. Trips to California each prove to be so different. I love the challenge of making a familiar place seem new. Here are some of my new discoveries. Happy 4th of July!

A beautiful sunny day at the LDS Los Angeles Temple. Stunning gardens and architecture in the heart of LA. What a find!

buzzzzzz....


One of the many stunning views from the Getty Center Museum. I was a little bugged that they raised their parking fee from $8 to $15! I suppose it is still a steal in comparison to other museum entry fees ($15 per car, free entry to the museum).




This painting turned out to be one of my favorites. The ultimate showing of loyalty and love...



Calm on the Mediterranean. Can't you just smell the salt in the air and hear the seagulls?


It takes incredible talent to create such an ugly face.


Attempting to re-create. I guess we should be happy we couldn't really pull it off!


The gorgeous drive home to Arizona. We have the most stunning sunsets and I wish I could have captured this better...But at 80 mph, this is the best I could do!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I want a copy of the "ugly face" photo for my office wall. "Here are my lovely daughters".
Dad
Very jealous. Why am I still sitting here.

Popular Posts