This Little Piggy Went to.....

When you are traveling by yourself, how do you include yourself in the shot as a reminder of how you loved the very moment??

I must not have long enough arms, because whenever I attempt the 'extended one-armed photo', I inevitably end up with a super duper close up, my forehead chopped off, one cheek smeared right out of the picture, straight up the nose, cheesy smile, or the "wow, am I really that ugly?" shot. My arms are not go-go gadgety like some of you gumby-like people out there.... So, instead, I take photos of my feet. They may not be the cutest feet in the world, but it's become my signature shot. No matter where in the world I end up, there will more than likely be a picture of my feet. Not that I love my feet that much, it's just that I travel solo so often, there is either no one to take my picture, or whoever is around me will more likely take off running with my camera than actually take my picture. So, feet photos it is. Here is a random sampling, by no means my full album. I tired myself out searching through the mountain of weird travel photos after a while.

This little piggy went to........

Cooperstown, New York


Renaissance Festival, middle of nowhere Arizona (showing my dirt lines after walking around the dusty festival all day!)


Puerto Penasco, Mexico. I attempted to bond with the Mexicans by proudly displaying their flag on each toe. Thank you for having such delicious tacos. Viva la Mexico!


Athens, Greece


Maui. The very first tootsies shot back in 2005. I climbed this waterfall and there was definitely nobody around to take my picture....and the foot tradition began....





Bisbee, Arizona (plus mel and naomi showing off our theme hotel room)


Canyon Lake, Arizona ( wayne trying to play footsie)


Bermuda


Key West, Florida (plus my sissy)


Calgary, Alberta (BRRRRRRR)

Comments

Maura said…
Oh my gosh I love these you are so clever! I took a pic like this on wed night at the ball game when I was sitting in the pool area lol I didn't know I was copying a pro! It was so good seeing you tonight Miss Amy I love your guts
Laina said…
I have the same tradition! And I have what we called "sista toes" pics. My sister and I had the 'toe' shots in Miami, Mexico, NYC, Malibu and other places! Too cute.
Oh my gosh I always take pictures of my feet too and everyone makes fun of me hahahah! I loved this post so much you are so cute! :)

Popular Posts