Bountiful Baskets

I have discovered that co-ops are the most ingenious thing on the planet! Produce bought in bulk, then sold at cheaper prices to the public by volunteers! This week's basket was organic and enormous. Best part about it, is that this week's optional "pack" was the Italian pack. Onions, garlic, spaghetti squash, zucchini, fresh basil, sage and rosemary. Mmmm......


It was such a simple process, and I don't know why I haven't participated in this before. You just visit them online, choose the number of baskets you want, select (or not) the optional pack, and whether you'd like bread (which I hear is to die for). Pay securely online, choose the site (usually a city park) you'd like to pick up from (more than 50 in Phoenix alone), then show up!

All produce that isn't picked up is donated to the local firehouse. How great is that?!


Bountiful Baskets have hundreds of locations all over Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. I definitely recommend checking this amazing program out! Enjoy!

Comments

M. said…
I love coops! I've always wanted to..it's just sooo expensive in D.C.
Unknown said…
I'm happy you did it! Enjoy all of your fruit and veggies.

Popular Posts