Face the Facts

Facing it, always facing it, that's the way to get through. Face it. – Joseph Conrad
I am facing the fact that today, I need to get outside and be active. I am tired, I want to go shopping, my (new) car needs gas, I need to clean my house, I have a few emails to return.
But, these things can wait. I need to get outside the city for a little while, take a long drive, spend time with friends. 
 
How was your Thanksgiving? I hope you spent it with people you care about. I hope you had seconds, or even thirds, of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes. I hope you shared laughs about old memories, all the while creating new ones. 
 
I wish I could have indulged more this holiday, but the space inside me where my gall bladder used to live, said Umm, NO. Oh well... I enjoyed watching others enjoy.
I had this instead, and it was delicious. 
 A nice slice of lean ham (oh, ham, how I love you), and a gorgeous spinach salad with corn, beets, green beans, feta cheese, and a sesame dressing.  
Happy weekend to you all. I'm grateful for you and your friendship!
 

Comments

M. said…
i can't believe it was that warm for thanksgiving! Look at you all...next you'll have santa w/ burmuda shorts on!
Kris said…
as usual... it was so good to see you guys again. I'm thankful you guys live there and the times we get to share because of it. Good luck with your new job! it sounds perfect for you. i'm very excited for you.
Glad to hear that the little things can wait. It's like house work...there's always time to do it and it will have to be done again. Enjoy your down time and thank you for stopping by! xoc

Popular Posts